3 minute read
Injectables are becoming more popular every year and continue to gain traction thanks to their minimally-invasive nature.
Of the millions of cosmetic procedures performed annually, a growing percentage of them are trending towards minimally-invasive techniques.
These injectable treatment options are excellent ways to enhance the skin by reducing wrinkles, smoothing and tightening the skin, and providing fullness to specific areas.
Without any downtime required after treatment, injectables are cheaper, quicker alternatives to surgical procedures.
What Types of Injectables Are Available?
Some injectables address fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes, eyebrows, and forehead, while others address depleted volume from various areas of the face.
Your specific concerns and desired results will determine which treatment is right for you. Every injectable is slightly different in composition, so there are plenty of choices to choose from.
BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport®
When strategically placed, these injections relax the targeted muscles for smoother, softer skin.
Injectable fillers utilize hyaluronic acid to achieve facial volume and smoother skin. Dermal fillers blend out lines and wrinkles along the face.
Certain fillers are mixed with trace amounts of lidocaine, which is a local anesthetic, to provide fuller skin without pain.
Ice and a topical anesthetic can be applied to reduce discomfort during injection.
By filling in hollowed regions of the face with dermal filler injectables, you can achieve smoother, fuller facial skin.
What Are the Benefits of Injectables?
Injectable treatments can help you achieve a youthful appearance.
Additional benefits to injectables are listed below.
- Injectable treatments are meant to work with your skin care routine to provide lasting results.
- Non-surgical injectables require no scalpels, incisions, or sutures, so there are no scars associated with injections.
- Results can be seen immediately and tend to improve with time.
- These treatments are affordable and quick. Most injections take less than 30 minutes to administer.
- Treatment is usually painless and has no recovery or downtime.
- Treatments can be combined to achieve full facial rejuvenation.
- You can return to your regular daily life directly after your treatment.
Schedule Your Consultation
The next step, if you are considering less-invasive techniques to combat facial aging, is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Messa.
During your appointment, he can evaluate your facial anatomy and concerns to create a recommended treatment plan to suit your needs.
Results following injectables are long-lasting, but not permanent, so you can enjoy the benefits of youthful skin without the worry of surgical scars or lingering effects.