During the aging process, fine lines and wrinkles develop as a result of repetitive facial muscle movements. These lines are most prominent in the forehead; between the eyebrows (the glabellar region), and along the side of the eyes (crow’s feet).
Neurotoxins that temporarily weaken these muscles are highly effective in reducing the appearance of these facial lines.
The two most commonly used injectables for this purpose, are Botox® and Dysport®, abobotulinum toxin A, is used by Dr. Messa to diminish facial wrinkles.
There are a few added benefits to Dysport that patients have noticed:
- It can provide a softer look
- Dysport® begins working faster – in most cases, two days
- It can be used by patients who have had resistance to Botox
- Patients are less likely to develop a tolerance to Dysport® as seen with Botox®
- Dysport® has been seen to last longer with multiple treatments
Clinical FDA trials have been conducted since 2006 and there have been no adverse reactions. It has been approved in 23 countries for the treatment of wrinkles and has been widely used in Europe for years.
While Dysport® is a similar product to Botox®, the doses are different. Dr. Messa will help you decide which product will work best for you.