CHARLES A. MESSA, III, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Weston Cosmetic Surgery Center Corp.
2823 Executive Park Drive
Weston, FL 33331
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Malvern Preparatory School
Malvern, PA 1981
LaSalle University, Philadelphia, PA
Degree: BA, Biology
Magna Cum Laude 1985
Pennsylvania State University
College of Medicine
Degree: M.D. 1989
Intern in General Surgery
University of Massachusetts Medical Center
Worcester, MA 1989-1990
Resident in General Surgery
University of Massachusetts Medical Center
Worcester, MA 1990-1993
Chief Resident in General Surgery
University of Massachusetts Medical Center
Worcester, MA 1993-1994
Resident Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
Philadelphia, PA 1994-1996
Medical Student Research Fellow Department of Anesthesia
Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Hershey, PA 1986
Clinical Professor of Surgery
Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine
Nova Southeastern University 2018
Executive Leadership Council Member
Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine
Nova Southeastern University
Instructor of Surgery
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Hospital of University of Pennsylvania 1994-1996
Pennsylvania MD – 052651
Florida MD – 0071235
New York MD – 256730
Memorial Hospital Pembroke, Pembroke Pines, FL
Memorial Hospital Miramar, Miramar, FL
Memorial Hospital West, Hollywood, FL
Weston Outpatient Surgical Center, Weston, FL
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners 1990
- Diplomate, American Board of Surgery 1995
- Re-certification American Board of Surgery 2005
- Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery 1999
- Re-certification American Board of Plastic Surgery 2007
- Facility certified by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical
- Facilities, Class ABC 2001 – present
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support 1989 – present
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND AFFILIATIONS:
- American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities, Facility Inspector
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Aesthetic Society Education and Research Foundation
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Symposium Committee
- American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Advocacy Relations Committee
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Florida Medical Association
- Broward County Medical Association
- Broward County Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Lipoplasty Society of North America
- American Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Liquid Facelift Association
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine Thistle Society
- University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine Benjamin Franklin Society
- Penn Surgical Society
- LaSalle University Alumni Medical Society
- Nova Southeastern University Fellows Society
- Mentor Worldwide Leadership, Experience and Development (LEAD) Advisory Board
- Cornerstone Society, Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine Nova Southeastern University
- Physicians’ Circle, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation
- The Blue and Silver Society, Malvern Preparatory School
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Best Plastic Surgeon, Coral Springs/Parkland City News Reader’s Choice Award 2012 – 2017
- Expert Injector Certification 2012 – 2017
- National Register’s Who’s Who Among Business and Professional Achievers, Outstanding Achievement in Plastic Surgery 2012 – 2017
- Plastic Surgery Practice, Best Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons 2012, 2013
- Favorite Cosmetic Surgeon Award, Broward Family Life Magazine 2013
- Top Miami Plastic Surgeons 2012 – 2017
- Best Plastic Surgeon, Reader’s Choice Coral Springs/Parkland City News 2012 – 2016
- Global Directory of Who’s Who Recipient 2012
- Consumer’s Research Council of America Award for America’s Top Plastic Surgeons 2002, 2003, 2009 – 2018
- Best Plastic Surgeon, Readers of Davie Town Times 2011 – 2017
- Patient’s Choice Award, rated and awarded by patients, Vitals 2010 – 2018
- Plastic Surgery Practice, Top Doctors 2010, 2011
- Best Plastic Surgeon, Readers of Our City Weston Magazine 2009 – 2022
- Compassionate Doctor Award Recognition, Vitals 2009 – 2017
- American Medical Association Physician’s Recognition Award 2000 – 2012
- Healthgrades recognized Doctor
- Contributing Editor Plastic Surgery Channel
- Contributing Editor Real Self
- Best of Weston, Physicians and Surgeons category United States Commerce Association 2017 – 2022
- Top Plastic Surgeon Award, “Leading Physicians of the World” Publication, International Association of Plastic Surgeons
- NOVO National Council of Leaders in Breast Aesthetics
- United States Local Business Association, Best of Weston 2010
- Allergan Black Diamond Level Award for achieving top 1% of plastic surgery practices in the country by volume
- Weston Cosmetic Surgery Center received the ‘Best of Weston’ award by the U.S. Local Business Association 2008, 2009
- Best Plastic Surgeon, Weston Gazette 2007, 2008
- Best Congenital Paper Award, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation Senior Residents Conference – 1996
- Resident Teacher of the Year Award, Department of Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical Center 1994
- Outstanding Surgical Resident Award, University of Massachusetts Medical Center 1993
- Rhodes Scholarship Nomination, LaSalle University 1984
- LaSalle University Scholar Athlete Award for Academic and Athletic Excellence 1985
- Alpha Epsilon Honor Society 1985
- Pi Kappa Phi Star and Lamp Award for academic excellence 1983
- Alpha Epsilon Delta Honor Society 1982
- Our City Magazine: Our City’s Best 2020; Reader’s Choice 2018 – 2021
- LaSalle University Athletic Scholarship Swimming 1981 – 1985
- LaSalle University Swim Team Captain
– Metro Atlantic Conference Champions 1984, 1985
- All-Metro Atlantic Conference Swimmer 1984, 1985
- All-East Coast Conference Swimmer 1983
- ECC Champions 1982, 1983
- All American Swimmer, Malvern Preparatory School 1981
PLASTIC SURGERY & HOSPITAL COMMITTEES:
- Florida Plastic Surgery Safety Foundation, Founding Contributor 2011
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons Patient Safety Committee, Membership Recruitment,
Compliance and Development Committee, and Program Committee 2018
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation Instructional Course Committee – 2006
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Program Committee – 2004, 2005
- Ethics Committee, Plantation General Hospital – 1998
- Surgical Residency Council, University of Massachusetts Medical Center 1988 – 1989
- Surgical Curriculum Committee, Pennsylvania State University, College of
Medicine 1988 –1989
- Surgical Case Review Committee, University Hospital
Milton S. Hershey Medical Center 1987 – 1988
- ASPS Annual Educational Meeting Program Committee 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
- ASPS Membership, Recruitment, Compliance & Development Committee 2018 – 2019
- ASPS Health Policy Committee 2017 – 2018
- ASPS Patient Safety Subcommittee 2017 – 2018
- Editorial position: Ad-hoc Reviewer Aesthetic Surgery Journal 2021-present
1. Messa, C.A., Kulkarni, M. Arous, E.J. Double Clostridium Mycotic Aneurysms of the Aorta:
A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Cardiovasc Surg 3(6): 687-692, 1995.
2. Messa, C.A., Bartlett, S.P., Whitaker, L.A. Alloplastic Augmentation of the Temporal Fossa.
Owen H. Wangensteen Surgical Forum, Vol. XLVI: 168-171; 1995
3. Whitaker, L.A., Messa, C.A., Mackay, G.J., Bartlett, S.P. Treatment of Patients with Non-
Syndromic Bicoronal Synostosis: Long Term Follow-Up and Patterns of Outcome.
Craniofacial Surgery VI: Proceedings of the Sixth International Congress of the International
Society of Craniofacial Surgery
4. Messa, C.A., Bucky, L.P., Bartlett, S.P., Whitaker, L.A. Alloplastic Augmentation of the
Temporal Fossa. Craniofacial Surgery VI: Proceedings of the Sixth International Congress
of the International Society of Craniofacial Surgery
5. Steinberg, J.D., Messa, C.A., Autologous Fat Transfer: A Dual Approach. Plastic Surgery
Products, September 2000, 30 – 32.
6. Does Implant Insertion with a Funnel Decrease Capsular Contracture? A Preliminary
Report. Flugstad NA, Pozner JN, Baxter RA, Creasman C, Egrari S, Martin S, Messa C.A.
3rd, Oliva A, Schlesinger SL, Kortesis BG. Aesthet Surg J. 2016 May;36(5):550-6. doi:
10.1093/asj/sjv237. Epub 2015 Dec. 15.
7. Messa, C.A., III, Messa, C.A., IV. One-Stage Augmentation Mastopexy. A Retrospective
10-Year Review of 1,131 Consecutive Cases. Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. Global
Open 2017; 5: 63-64.
8. Messa IV, CA, Messa III, CA Primary One-Stage Augmentation Mastopexy: A Ten-
Year Retrospective Review of 725 Consecutive Cases. Journal of American College of
Surgeons, Vol. 225, Issue: 224, Oct. 2017.
9. Messa IV, CA, Messa III, CA. “One Stage Augmentation Mastopexy: A Retrospective Ten-Year Review of 2,183 Consecutive Procedures.” Aesthetic Surgery Journal.May 11, 2019. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 31077272
10. Breast Explantation with Simultaneous Mastopexy and Volume Restoration: An Analysis of Clinical Outcomes and Prospective Quality of Life. Messa, CA,IV, and Messa, CA,III. submitted The Aesthetic Surgery Journal Feb, 2023.
1. Selective Inhibition of the Alpha-2 Adrenoceptor Subtype with Halothane.
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine Student Research Forum,
2. Radical Resection and IORT for Recurrent Colon and Rectal Cancer, New
England Colon and Rectal Society, Boston, MA, May 3, 1992.
3. Bernstein, M., Caushaj, P., Messa, C., Madoff, R., Conventional versus Laser Hemorrhoidectomy.
International Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Crete, Greece, October 1992.
4. Recurrent Breast Cancer After Post-Mastectomy Reconstruction. New England Cancer
Society, Mystic, CT, November 13, 1992.
5. Rectal Resection and Coloanal Anastomosis – The UMASS Experience, Northeastern and
New England Colon and Rectal Society, Nantucket, MA, September 11, 1992.
6. Zwicklbauer, M., Messa, C.A., Caushaj, P. Laparoscopic Appendectomy: A Retrospective
Analysis. Northeastern and New England Colon and Rectal Society, Nantucket, MA,
September 11, 1992.
7. Aesthetic Contouring of the Temporal Fossa. 41st Annual Robert H. Ivy Society Meeting,
Hershey, PA, March 11, 1995.
8. Pan, F., Messa, C.A., Pertshuk, M. J., Whitaker, L.A. Three Dimensional Analysis of Long Term
Results after Orbital Advancement and Forehead Reshaping on Plagiocephalic Patients. Plastic
Surgery Research Council. New York, NY, May 17, 1995.
9. Alloplastic Augmentation of the Temporal Fossa, VIth International Congress of Craniofacial Surgery,
Saint Tropez, French Riviera, October 22, 1995.
10. Whitaker, L.A., Messa, C.A., Bartlett, S.P. Patterns of Outcome in Long Term Follow-up Following
Treatment of Patients with Bicoronal Synostosis, VIth International Congress of Craniofacial Surgery,
Saint Tropez, French Riviera, October 23, 1995.
11. Alloplastic Augmentation of the Temporal Fossa, 81st Clinical Congress of the American
College of Surgeons, New Orleans, LA, October 24, 1995.
12. Pan, F., Pertshuk, M.J., Messa, C.A., Whitaker, L.A. Photographs as a Reliable Means to
Assess Aesthetic Outcome of Craniofacial Surgery, Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons,
Boston, MA, November 3, 1995.
13. The Role of Alloplasts in Temporal Contour Reconstruction. ASMS: Implantable Materials
in Facial Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery: Biocompatibility and Clinical Applications,
Montreal, Canada, October 6, 1995.
14. Management of Pediatric Cranial Base Fractures, 42nd Annual Robert H. Ivy Society Meeting,
Pittsburgh, PA, March 9, 1996.
15. Patterns of Outcome in the Treatment of Pediatric Cranial Base Fractures. PSEF/ASMS Craniofacial
Surgery: State of the Art Symposium, New York, NY, March 22, 1996.
16. Treatment of Patients with Non-Syndromic Bicoronal Synostosis: Long Term Follow-Up and
Patterns of Outcome, Senior Residents Conference, Dallas, TX., April 12, 1996.
17. One-Stage Augmentation Mastopexy: A Retrospective Ten-Year Review of 1,131 Consecutive Cases.
American Society of Plastic Surgeons Meeting. Orlando, FL. October 7, 2017.
18. Messa C.A.,III , Messa C.A.,IV. Primary One-Stage Augmentation Mastopexy: A 10-Year Retrospective
Review of 725 Consecutive Cases. American College of Surgeons Annual Meeting. San Diego, CA
October 26, 2017.
19. Messa C.A., III, Messa C.A., IV, Breast Implant Explantation with Simultaneous Mastopexy and Volume
Restoration: Outcome Analysis of 118 consecutive cases. American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Meeting. New York, NY, April 29, 2018.
20. Augmentation Mastopexy in the Secondary Breast Augmentation Patient: Outcome Analysis of 943 Consecutive Procedures. The Aesthetic Meeting, New Orleans, LA May 19, 2019
21. Explantation, Capsulectomy, and Mastopexy for Breast Implant Illness: A Prospective Analysis of Patient Satisfaction and Clinical Outcomes as an oral presentation at The Aesthetic Meeting 2020 to be held at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, NV, April 24, 2020
22. Secondary Augmentation-Mastopexy: An Analysis of Clinical Outcomes in 1095 Procedures as a virtual presentation at the American Society of Plastic Surgeons – Plastic Surgery The Meeting, October – November 2020
23. Augmentation Mastopexy: Beyond the Basics. Achieving Safe Long-Term Results. – The Aesthetic Meeting. San Diego, California. April 24, 2022.
24. Secondary Augmentation Mastopexy: Achieving Safe Long-Term Results. The Aesthetic Meeting 2023. Miami, FL April 23, 2023.
25. Augmentation-Mastopexy in the Secondary Breast Implant Patient: Outcome Analysis of 1664 Consecutive Procedures. Plastic Surgery The Meeting. Austin, TX. October 29, 2023 (presenter: Charles A Messa, IV, MBA)