CHARLES A. MESSA, III, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Medical Director: Weston Cosmetic Surgery Center Corp.
Date of Birth: February 8
Place of Birth: Philadelphia, PA
2823 Executive Park Drive
Weston, FL 33331
Malvern Preparatory School
Malvern, PA 1981
LaSalle University, Philadelphia, PA
Degree: BA, Biology
Magna Cum Laude 1985
Pennsylvania State University
College of Medicine
Degree: M.D. 1989
Intern in General Surgery
University of Massachusetts Medical Center
Worcester, MA 1989-1990
Resident in General Surgery
University of Massachusetts Medical Center
Worcester, MA 1990-1993
Chief Resident in General Surgery
University of Massachusetts Medical Center
Worcester, MA 1993-1994
Resident Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
Philadelphia, PA 1994-1996
Medical Student Research Fellow Department of Anesthesia
Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Hershey, PA 1986
Nova Southeastern University’s Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine
(NSU MD) 2018
Instructor of Surgery
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Hospital of University of Pennsylvania 1994-1996
Pennsylvania MD – 052651
Florida MD – 0071235
New York MD – 256730
Memorial Hospital Pembroke, Pembroke Pines, FL
Memorial Hospital Miramar, Miramar, FL
Memorial Hospital West, Hollywood, FL
Weston Outpatient Surgical Center, Weston, FL
Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners 1990
Diplomate, American Board of Surgery 1995
Re-certification American Board of Surgery 2005, 2015
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery 1999
Re-certification American Board of Plastic Surgery 2007
Facility certified by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgical Facilities, Class ABC 2001 – present
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support 1989 – present
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND AFFILIATIONS:
American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory
Surgical Facilities, Facility Inspector
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Aesthetic Society Education and Research Foundation
Fellow, American College of Surgeons
Florida Society of Plastic Surgeons
Florida Medical Association
Broward County Medical Association
Broward County Society of Plastic Surgeons
American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
Lipoplasty Society of North America
American Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
American Medical Association
Liquid Facelift Association
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine Thistle Society
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine Benjamin Franklin Society
Penn Surgical Society
LaSalle University Alumni Medical Society
HONORS AND AWARDS:
Best Plastic Surgeon, Coral Springs/Parkland City News Reader’s Choice Award 2012 – 2017
Expert Injector Certification 2012 – 2017
National Register’s Who’s Who Among Business and Professional Achievers, Outstanding Achievement in Plastic Surgery 2012 – 2017
Plastic Surgery Practice, Best Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons 2012, 2013
Favorite Cosmetic Surgeon Award, Broward Family Life Magazine 2013
Top Miami Plastic Surgeons 2012 – 2017
Best Plastic Surgeon, Reader’s Choice Coral Springs/Parkland City News 2012 – 2016
Global Directory of Who’s Who Recipient 2012
Consumer’s Research Council of America Award for America’s Top Plastic Surgeons 2002, 2003, 2009 – 2016
Best Plastic Surgeon, Readers of Davie Town Times 2011 – 2017
Patient’s Choice Award, rated and awarded by patients, Vitals 2010 – 2017
Plastic Surgery Practice, Top Doctors 2010, 2011
Best Plastic Surgeon, Readers of Our City Weston Magazine 2009 – 2017
Compassionate Doctor Award Recognition, Vitals 2009 – 2017
American Medical Association Physician’s Recognition Award 2000 – 2012
Healthgrades recognized Doctor
Contributing Editor Plastic Surgery Channel
Contributing Editor Real Self
Best of Weston, Physicians and Surgeons category United States Commerce Association 2008 – 2011
Top Plastic Surgeon Award, “Leading Physicians of the World” Publication, International Association of Plastic Surgeons
NOVO National Council of Leaders in Breast Aesthetics
United States Local Business Association, Best of Weston 2010
Allergan Black Diamond Level Award for achieving top 1% of plastic surgery practices in the country by volume
Weston Cosmetic Surgery Center received the ‘Best of Weston’ award by the U.S. Local Business Association 2008, 2009
Best Plastic Surgeon, Weston Gazette 2007, 2008
Best Congenital Paper Award, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation Senior Residents Conference – 1996
Resident Teacher of the Year Award, Department of Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical Center 1994
Outstanding Surgical Resident Award, University of Massachusetts Medical Center 1993
Rhodes Scholarship Nomination, LaSalle University 1984
LaSalle University Scholar Athlete Award for Academic and Athletic Excellence 1985
Alpha Epsilon Honor Society 1985
Pi Kappa Phi Star and Lamp Award for academic excellence 1983
Alpha Epsilon Delta Honor Society 1982
LaSalle University Athletic Scholarship Swimming 1981 – 1985
LaSalle University Swim Team Captain 1984, 1985
– Metro Atlantic Conference Champions 1984, 1985
– All-Metro Atlantic Conference Swimmer 1984, 1985
– All-East Coast Conference Swimmer 1983
– ECC Champions 1982, 1983
All American Swimmer, Malvern Preparatory School 1981
PLASTIC SURGERY & HOSPITAL COMMITTEES:
Florida Plastic Surgery Safety Foundation, Founding Contributor 2011
American Society of Plastic Surgeons Patient Safety Committee, Membership Recruitment, Compliance and Development Committee, and Program Committee 2018
Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation Instructional Course Committee – 2006
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Program Committee – 2004, 2005
Ethics Committee, Plantation General Hospital – 1998
Surgical Residency Council, University of Massachusetts Medical Center 1988 – 1989
Surgical Curriculum Committee, Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine 1988 –1989
Surgical Case Review Committee, University Hospital
Milton S. Hershey Medical Center 1987 – 1988
- Messa, C.A., Kulkarni, M. Arous, E.J. Double Clostridium Mycotic Aneurysms of the Aorta: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Cardiovasc Surg 3(6): 687-692, 1995.
- Messa, C.A., Bartlett, S.P., Whitaker, L.A. Alloplastic Augmentation of the Temporal Fossa. Owen H. Wangensteen Surgical Forum, Vol. XLVI: 168-171; 1995
- Whitaker, L.A., Messa, C.A., Mackay, G.J., Bartlett, S.P. Treatment of Patients with Non-Syndromic Bicoronal Synostosis: Long Term Follow-Up and Patterns of Outcome.
Craniofacial Surgery VI: Proceedings of the Sixth International Congress of the International Society of Craniofacial Surgery
- Messa,C.A., Bucky, L.P., Bartlett, S.P., Whitaker, L.A. Alloplastic Augmentation of the Temporal Fossa. Craniofacial Surgery VI: Proceedings of the Sixth International Congress of the International Society of Craniofacial Surgery
- Steinberg, J.D., Messa, C.A., Autologous Fat Transfer: A Dual Approach. Plastic Surgery Products, September 2000, 30 – 32.
- Efficacy of Keller Funnel in Reduction of Breast Implant Associated Capsular Contracture accepted for publication, Aesthetic Journal.
- Does Implant Insertion with a Funnel Decrease Capsular Contracture? A Preliminary Report. Flugstad NA, Pozner JN, Baxter RA, Creasman C, Egrari S, Martin S, Messa C.A. 3rd, Oliva A, Schlesinger SL, Kortesis BG. Aesthet Surg J. 2016 May;36(5):550-6. doi: 10.1093/asj/sjv237. Epub 2015 Dec. 15.
- Messa, CA, III, Messa, CA, IV. Primary One-Stage Augmentation Mastopexy: A 10-Year Retrospective Review of 725 Consecutive Cases. Journal of the American College of Surgeons, Vol 225, Issue 4, October 2017.
- Selective Inhibition of the Alpha-2 Adrenoceptor Subtype with Halothane. Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine Student Research Forum, September 1986.
- Radical Resection and IORT for Recurrent Colon and Rectal Cancer, New England Colon and Rectal Society, Boston, MA, May 3, 1992.
- Bernstein, M., Caushaj, P., Messa, C., Madoff, R., Conventional versus Laser Hemorrhoidectomy. International Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Crete, Greece, October 1992.
- Recurrent Breast Cancer After Post-Mastectomy Reconstruction. New England Cancer Society, Mystic, CT, November 13, 1992.
- Rectal Resection and Coloanal Anastomosis – The UMASS Experience, Northeastern and New England Colon and Rectal Society, Nantucket, MA, September 11, 1992.
- Zwicklbauer, M., Messa, C.A., Caushaj, P. Laparoscopic Appendectomy: A Retrospective Analysis. Northeastern and New England Colon and Rectal Society, Nantucket, MA, September 11, 1992.
- Aesthetic Contouring of the Temporal Fossa. 41st Annual Robert H. Ivy Society Meeting, Hershey, PA, March 11, 1995.
- Pan, F., Messa, C.A., Pertshuk, M. J., Whitaker, L.A. Three Dimensional Analysis of Long Term Results after Orbital Advancement and Forehead Reshaping on Plagiocephalic Patients. Plastic Surgery Research Council. New York, NY, May 17, 1995.
- Alloplastic Augmentation of the Temporal Fossa, VIth International Congress of Craniofacial Surgery, Saint Tropez, French Riviera, October 22, 1995.
- Whitaker, L.A., Messa, C.A., Bartlett, S.P. Patterns of Outcome in Long Term Follow-up Following Treatment of Patients with Bicoronal Synostosis, VIth International Congress of Craniofacial Surgery, Saint Tropez, French Riviera, October 23, 1995.
- Alloplastic Augmentation of the Temporal Fossa, 81st Clinical Congress of the American College of Surgeons, New Orleans, LA, October 24, 1995.
- Pan, F., Pertshuk, M.J., Messa, C.A., Whitaker, L.A. Photographs as a Reliable Means to Assess Aesthetic Outcome of Craniofacial Surgery, Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons, Boston, MA, November 3, 1995.
- The Role of Alloplasts in Temporal Contour Reconstruction. ASMS: Implantable Materials in Facial Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery: Biocompatibility and Clinical Applications, Montreal, Canada, October 6, 1995.
- Management of Pediatric Cranial Base Fractures, 42nd Annual Robert H. Ivy Society Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA, March 9, 1996.
- Patterns of Outcome in the Treatment of Pediatric Cranial Base Fractures. PSEF/ASMS Craniofacial Surgery: State of the Art Symposium, New York, NY, March 22, 1996.
- Treatment of Patients with Non-Syndromic Bicoronal Synostosis: Long Term Follow-Up and Patterns of Outcome, Senior Residents Conference, Dallas, TX., April 12, 1996.
- One-Stage Augmentation : A Retrospective Ten-Year Review of 1,131 Consecutive Cases. American Society of Plastic Surgeons Meeting. Orlando, FL. October 7, 2017.
- Messa CA,IV , Messa CA,III. Primary One-Stage Augmentation Mastopexy: A 10-Year Retrospective Review of 725 Consecutive Cases. American College of Surgeons Annual Meeting. San Diego, CA October 26, 2017.
- Messa C.A., III, Messa C.A., IV, Breast Implant Explantation with Simultaneous Mastopexy and Volume
Restoration: Outcome Analysis of 118 consecutive cases. American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Meeting. New York, NY, April 29, 2018